Sunday 23 September 2012

Flemish TV

I don't have a telly.

Well, that's strictly not true as I do, in fact, own a tv but I don't have it (what I like to call) "plumbed in" (subscribed to any channels). So in some ways my statement of my not having a telly stands true. Sort of. In any case it doesn't detract from the point I'd like to make and that is this: you can still watch Flemish telly even if you're not connected up to the local network via the magic of the internet!

Today I watched a couple of short extracts from a Flemish cookery show which I found very interesting and almost entirely incomprehensible. I am proud of my language abilities but it's a bit disheartening when, after many lessons and good progress listening to radio, you hear something else which makes little sense.

Luckily for me, there were images to accompany it.

Tune in and learn how to make Pims, here:

http://www.vier.be/goegebakken/videos/pims


Other Flemish show clips available here:
http://www.vier.be/


No comments:

Post a Comment